Since a few days it is possible to download the new SQL Developer 4.2 in the Early Adopter Edition.
Here the list of new features coming from ORACLE:
- In-Line Editing: simply arrow around your currrent statement or script without needing to invoke an external editor
- Automatic Formatting: SQL output can be formatted to fit your screen or to CSV, JSON, Delimited, HTML, Insert statements, or XML
- New Commands: DDL, CTAS, REPEAT, INFO (an updated version of DESC), and many more. Use the HELP command for a full list.
- SQL History: Records previous 100 executed statements and scripts and can be recalled with up and down arrow keys
- Tab Completion: Get assitance with object names, keywords, and more with the TAB key
- Oracle Database Exadata Express Cloud Service support
- New command, SET ENCODING. Example, SET ENCODING UTF-8, allows for reading a file for a certain encoding
- SSHTUNNEL now allows user to change default SSH port 22. Example, username@hotname:port
- INFO and CTAS commands now support TAB completion for object names.
- SET WALLET no longer requires a password for the wallet.